Saturday, March 11, 2017

About society disconnection

Bout 3 weeks back I bumped into a long lost friend. Bout 20+.Years since we last met. He said I was being totally disconnected from society. Didn't keep in touch with friends.

Couldn't agree more. But there seems to be very limited time with my LO. Only time I have is weekends, spend some time with daughter, bring her to playground or swimming pool. Sometimes park or shopping mall occasionally. Do groceries or recycling at Tzu chi center and take some time to chill out before bracing for start of next cycle.

Can't really find much time to consistently meet up or yam chat/mamak with friends in my mind. Even with this, I still feel a distance with lui lui. Maybe because I can't reach home everyday before 8.45pm on most days. MIL sends her to school now and is her real day to day guardian and my hero. Wifey takes her to playground after work. Even these things I can only do on weekends. How do I justify going Yamcha or mamak with friends on my limited weekend where time is not even enough for lui lui?



Sometimes I keep pondering on this. I admit that I'm a bit extreme on the family time issue, but still don't feel that I've done enough. Don't feel like I spend really a lot of time with lui lui...Well for now will just spend all the time I can with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment