Sunday, March 5, 2017

Some thoughts after Bangkok visit- what I missed

First thing is the mango, one big pack with its spicy chilli mixed with sugar condiment. Super fiery and would have taken this every night if I knew its this good from day one along with Singha or Chang beer.

Only had a first bite here in Malaysia. Was too busy rushing back to check out from hotel before 2pm on last day. In the alley along hua lam Phong temple towards Surawong Rd, the cart stalls sells one pack at , surprise 25 baht. Omg it's selling for 100 to 50 baht at patpong/Solomon area.


2nd thing to praise for is the sumptuous and nice breakfast at Tarntawan Place. Go for Japanese breakfast set. Can't go wrong with it. Again only had this on last day. Such luck I have..One of best Jap set I had. Porridge with pickles , tofu with fried saltyradish, vegetarian stew and fried then steamed fish. Makes me super happy with the meal after an early morning jog.

Morning market along patpong gogo bar streets. It's nice as local people sell breakfast somthing opposite of night activities in exact same spots along the road and some local delicacy selling along with simple toys or clothing stalls. Gives me a positive and good vibes such as those good ol' pasar pagi in Malaysia.

One unique difference is the coffee machines lined up in practically open space. Imagine the hind counter of Starbucks. Yeap that's it, the minimalist cafe catering to locals from as low as 20baht to 45 baht if you are looking at fancier drinks such as matcha bubble tea.



Lumphini park holds a special place to me too. Went for a morning stroll and my heart is telling me to soar. Within minutes I found my self running through the park. It's about 3+km per round. One of the nice things to do, wake up early , run your hearts out, go back for breakfast then go to work.

Surprisingly snacks are just soso. Ratchada market is quite nice place. Namely the chicken strips for 10baht per piece. At surowang Rd, I ate pretty good chicken sticks ala Thai style 10baht per pc..Decent with beer (again lol). My mistake was ordering a 50 baht blended fruit juice with no one to share with right after 2 sticks. It killed my appetite for the night as it's too filling. Problem with my ratchada visit is similar. Finished dinner with colleague's at BomSaan restaurant @ Chamchuri Square and head there staright. It's not really great chilli crab anyway. Taste buds a bit dulled with my stomach filled up already. But it's worthy to note that The Ratchada train market is pretty nice and worth a visit. Will ulsurely be on my to-do list if I ever get back here.



Surprisingly didn't taste any impressive pad Thai and Tom yum. Just normal and not super amazing,guess we raised the bar abit high already in bolehland lol.

From years back of our failed trip to BKK (me and wife) due to my company trip to US at that time, swensen ice cream seems pretty cheap at Thai. So I had the 159 baht ice cream treat. Too sweet side to me, luckily the matcha flavor saves the days. Decent I would say and you would love it if you have a thing for sweet food.

Cheap massage. Go for those chain ones if you don't want any monkey business, you know what I mean. Hookas=not so focused on giving you good massage. Just Google..I went to Dahra which is a bit out from patpong redlight district and had a good Thai massage. It actually hurts a bit too... Lucky the massuer is not too strong 😅
Standard price currently , which is still cheaper/skillful than Malaysian market.
Leg massage up to 250-300 baht
Thai/oil massage up to 500baht
Above all for an hour charge, I guess cleanliness and skills is #1 priority unless you are looking for something else 😉

Missed chatuchak since I'm flying back on Friday night. Family time for all my available weekends. Traffic jams in BKK is something I definitely won't miss, though KL is not really losing out by a huge margin currently.

Tarntawan place served breakfast black coffee quickly becomes my favourite and staple. Wish I have more time to sit and just have a second cup without a worry in the world for some moments at least 

Last but not least the mobile data seems pretty good in comparison at city of Angels. Real 4G for DTAC happy tourist card I used and Tarntawan place wifi is superb. Really fast, guess most people are too busy outside or engaged in their happy moments at city of Angels ;)

If I have more time, details will come. That's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment