Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Excel 101 oh - mouse over pop up message



To give hints on your work template/macro/formulas, sometimes its useful to pop some comments when we hover the mouse over some cells in excel. It's pretty useful to newbies so that they can slowly find their way around your template hehehe. 

N00b box blocking my view..how to read la

However, in some cases it's really annoying. My own comments blocking the cells after copying some formula from my other template since i already know what they are for. 

Here is the 1-2-3 steps to setup/disable the mouse over remark box aka input message (the name never make any sense to me)

1) do Ctrl+A to select whole sheet, or only those cells you want


2) go to Data > Data Validation , the option box will pop up. Go to Input message.


3) Uncheck- deng4x no more annoying box popping up where you don't want them n00b blocking your view.

Btw, I find this method is much neater than inserting comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment